1. Off-line operation is the operation of devices without the control of
A. Memory B. CPU C. ALU D. Control unit E. None of the above
2. An instruction that transfers program control to one or more possible paths is known as
A. Utility program B. System software C. Broadband channel D. Application program E. None of the above
3. Name of the first guided weapon in the world which used a programmable digital computer:
A. Sting Ray Torpedo B. Mk 46 Torpedo C. Air-Launched Cruise Missile (ALCM) D. Tomahawk Missile E. None of the above
4. Programs designed to perform specific tasks is known as
A. System software B. Application software C. Utility programs D. Operating system E. None of the above
5. What is the name given to the weapons which use computerised guidance system?
A. Guided weapons B. Smart weapons C. Dumb weapons D. Starwars weapons E. None of the above
6. A monitor's _____ is the distance between the holes in the mask behind the screen. This helps determine how sharp the dots appear.
A. refresh rate B. dot pitch C. resolution D. color depth E. None of the above
7. What is the name of the printer which prints all the A's in a line before all the B's?
A. Thermal printer B. Electrostatic printer C. Line printer D. Ink-jet printer E. None of the above
8. A _____ is simply an arrangement where multiple disk drives appear as a single disk drive to the user.
A. disk B. disk array C. bunch of disks D. disk pack E. spanned drive
9. Which of the following holds data and processing instructions temporarily until the CPU needs it?
A. ROM B. control unit C. main memory D. coprocessor chips E. None of the above
10. A multi programming system is one that can
A. run very fast B. share hardware resources with many programs simultaneously C. compute many programs simultaneously D. use many operating systems E. None of the above