What is operating system?
A. collection of programs that manages hardware resources B. system service provider to the application programs C.
link to interface the hardware and application programsD. all of the mentioned
2. Which one of the following is not true?
A. kernel is the program that constitutes the central core of the operating system B. kernel is the first part of operating system to load into memory during booting C. kernel is made of various modules which can not be loaded in running operating system D. kernel remains in the memory during the entire computer session
3. Which one of the following error will be handle by the operating system?
A. power failure B. lack of paper in printer C. connection failure in the network D. all of the mentioned
4. By operating system, the resource management can be done via __________
A. time division multiplexing B. space division multiplexing C.
both a and bD. none of the mentioned
5. If a process fails, most operating system write the error information to a ______
A. log file B. another running process C. new file D. none of the mentioned
6. The initial program that is run when the computer is powered up is called __________
A. boot program B. bootloader C. initializer D. bootstrap program