1. In UNIX, the set of masked signals can be set or cleared using the ________ function.
A. sigmask B. sigmaskproc C. sigprocmask D. sigproc
2. The usual effect of abnormal termination of a program is ____________
A. core dump file generation B. system crash C. program switch D. signal destruction
3. In UNIX, the abort() function sends the ________ signal to the calling process, causing abnormal termination.
A. SIGTERM B. SIGSTOP C. SIGABORT D. SIGABRT
4. In UNIX, the ______________ system call is used to send a signal.
A. sig B. send C. kill D. sigsend
5. What are the characteristics of Unix semantics?
A. Easy to implement in a single processor system B. Data cached on a per process basis using write through case control C.
Write-back enhances access performanceD. All of the mentioned
6. What are the characteristics of transaction semantics?
A. Suitable for applications that are concerned about coherence of data B. The users of this model are interested in the atomicity property for their transaction C. Easy to implement in a single processor system D.
Write back enhances access performance
7. What are non characteristics of session semantics?
A. Each client obtains a working copy from the server B. When file is closed, the modified file is copied to the file server C. The burden of coordinating file sharing is ignored by the system D. Easy to implement in a single processor system
8. Which symbol will be used with grep command to match the pattern pat at the beginning of a line?
A. ^pat B. $pat C. pat$ D. pat^ E. None of the above
9. Which command is used to sort the lines of data in a file in reverse order
A. sort B. sh C. st D. sort -r E. None of the above
10. Which command is used to display the top of the file?
A. cat B. head C. more D. grep E. None of the above