1. What is stub?
A. transmits the message to the server where the server side stub receives the message and invokes procedure on the server side B. packs the parameters into a form transmittable over the network C. locates the port on the server D. all of the mentioned
2. To resolve the problem of data representation on different systems RPCs define _____________
A. machine dependent representation of data B. machine representation of data C. machine D. none of the mentioned
3. What is the full form of RMI?
A. Remote Memory Installation B. Remote Memory Invocation C. Remote Method Installation D. Remote Method Invocation
4. The remote method invocation __________
A. allows a process to invoke memory on a remote object B. allows a thread to invoke a method on a remote object C. allows a thread to invoke memory on a remote object D. allows a process to invoke a method on a remote object
5. A process that is based on IPC mechanism which executes on different systems and can communicate with other processes using message based communication, is called ________
A. Local Procedure Call B. Inter Process Communication C. Remote Procedure Call D. Remote Machine Invocation
6. What is Address Binding?
A. going to an address in memory B. locating an address with the help of another address C. binding two addresses together to form a new address in a different memory space D. a mapping from one address space to another
7. Binding of instructions and data to memory addresses can be done at ____________
A. Compile time B. Load time C. Execution time D. All of the mentioned
8. If the process can be moved during its execution from one memory segment to another, then binding must be ____________
A. delayed until run time B. preponed to compile time C. preponed to load time D. none of the mentioned
9. What is Dynamic loading?
A. loading multiple routines dynamically B. loading a routine only when it is called C. loading multiple routines randomly D. none of the mentioned
10. What is the advantage of dynamic loading?
A. A used routine is used multiple times B. An unused routine is never loaded C. CPU utilization increases D. All of the mentioned