1. In operating system, each process has its own __________
A. address space and global variables B. open files C. pending alarms, signals and signal handlers D. all of the mentioned
2. In Unix, Which system call creates the new process?
A. fork B. create C. new D. none of the mentioned
3. A process can be terminated due to __________
A. normal exit B. fatal error C. killed by another process D. all of the mentioned
4. What is the ready state of a process?
A. when process is scheduled to run after some execution B. when process is unable to run until some task has been completed C. when process is using the CPU D. none of the mentioned
5. What is interprocess communication?
A. communication within the process B. communication between two process C. communication between two threads of same process D. none of the mentioned
6. A set of processes is deadlock if __________
A. each process is blocked and will remain so forever B. each process is terminated C. all processes are trying to kill each other D. none of the mentioned
7. A process stack does not contain __________
A. Function parameters B. Local variables C. Return addresses D. PID of child process
8. Which system call returns the process identifier of a terminated child?
A. wait B. exit C. fork D. get
9. The address of the next instruction to be executed by the current process is provided by the __________
A. CPU registers B. Program counter C. Process stack D. Pipe
10. A Process Control Block(PCB) does not contain which of the following?
A. Code B. Stack C. Bootstrap program D. Data